Wednesday 18 January 2012

First things first – set reminders for important dates.

On the module website the assessment and tutorial dates are already given, so the best thing is to mark all these dates in my trusted smart phone. I was thinking of using a diary this year but the reminders on my phone are a lifesaver.

From what I can see there is a dummy TMA to start off with, then 7 TMAs and 7 iCMAs. TMA is a tutor marked assignment and iCMA is an interactive computer marked assignment. Looks like a TMA a month. All the iCMAs are on the same date which is confusing but I am sure it will be doable somehow or the other. It does say on the page, 'Warning: these dates may potentially change'. Ah! Will have to wait and see how that works.

Moving on and there is a list of all the tutorials for this year. They are alternating between day schools and Elluminate sessions through the year. Day school sessions are 5 hours long and the Elluminate (which is a real-time virtual classroom environment) sessions are for 1 hour each. There are 5 day school and 4 Elluminate sessions scheduled, but OU students can goto any tutorial by searching in the tutorial finder.

Now that the dates are all set up in my trusted smart phone I am ready for the course material to arrive which should be any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment